SK Biopharmaceuticals’ Partner Angelini Pharma Launches Cenobamate in France
SK Biopharmaceuticals, an innovative global pharmaceutical company, announced that its European partner Angelini Pharma, an international pharmaceutical company part of the privately held Italian Angelini Industries, has launched cenobamate in France.
Cenobamate, under the brand name ONTOZRY®, has been commercialized in five major European countries such as Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, and France, accounting for about 73 percent of the total value of the continent’s epilepsy market. It is also available in 10 other key European markets, including Switzerland and Belgium.
Cenobamate was approved by the European Commission (EC) in March 2021 for the adjunctive treatment of focal-onset seizures with or without secondary generalization in adult patients who have not been adequately controlled despite a history of treatment with at least two anti-epileptic medicinal products. Following the EC’s marketing authorization for cenobamate, Angelini Pharma launched the anti-seizure medication in Germany, Europe’s largest pharmaceutical market, in June 2021, and launched in the UK, Europe’s largest epilepsy market, in November 2021, following the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency’s approval.
Cenobamate was discovered by SK Biopharmaceuticals and its U.S. subsidiary SK Life Science, which has forged a partnership with Angelini Pharma for the European markets.
Companies In This Post
- Bayer Expands Global Clinical Program for NUBEQA® (darolutamide) in Prostate Cancer Read more
- BIOTECanada Welcomes Government of Canada’s Strategy on Improving Access to Care for Patients with Rare Diseases Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Ganaxolone in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Read more
- Aurion Biotech Receives Approval from Japan’s PMDA for New Drug Application Read more
- Morphimmune Appoints Dr. Clay Siegall Chief Executive Officer and President Read more