Provepharm Receives FDA Marketing Approval in US for BLUDIGO, Its Indigo Carmine Injection Drug Product
Provepharm, a French company specialized in the development of pharmaceutical applications, today announces that it has received FDA New Drug Approval for the marketing of BLUDIGO™, its indigo carmine injectable (Indigotindisulfonate Sodium) drug product. BLUDIGO is a diagnostic dye indicated for use as a visualization aid in the cystoscopic assessment of the integrity of the ureters in adults, following urological and gynecological open, robotic or endoscopic surgical procedures.
“BLUDIGO is the second Provepharm product to obtain marketing authorization from the FDA,” said Frederick Girard, chief medical officer at Provepharm. “This new success validates our strategy, based on a high level of investment in R&D, aimed at improving, on a daily basis, patients’ lives and healthcare professionals’ work.”
“We are very proud of this achievement,” said Michel Féraud, president and founder of the Provepharm group. “In 2016, we were the first to register a methylene blue injection product in the US and I am happy that our newly approved BLUDIGO drug product will also soon be available to US patients.”
This additional approval is a clear validation of the group’s worldwide strategy, implemented through its operations in both Europe and the United States. It aims to develop new medicines and diagnostic products from known molecules, to respond to unmet medical needs and to reset drugs in different indications, in this case, the intraoperative assessment of the ureter’s integrity.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more