Nanoform and Aprecia collaborate to advance 3D printed Nanomedicines
Nanoform Finland Plc, an innovative nanoparticle medicine enabling company, and Aprecia, the 3DP (three-dimensional printing) pharmaceutical company, announce that they are exploring the synergies between their respective technologies in the field of nanoparticle-enabled 3DP dosage forms. This collaboration seeks to provide customers and the pharmaceutical industry with new capabilities in patient centric therapies.
The immediate product innovation target for the collaboration is to combine Nanoform’s fast dissolution nanoformed particles with Aprecia’s ZipDose(TM) technology platform for rapid disintegration to enable high performance buccal and oral delivery of medicines to patients where rapid absorption is essential. Additional benefits may include lower dosage products, less excipient content, and reduced pill burden.
“Small is Powerful – and now in ZipDose! At the heart of everything we do is the patient. This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate the power of small for rapid drug absorption, potentially bypassing the first-pass metabolism via a novel dosage form such as buccal delivery with Aprecia’s 3DP technology platforms. We look forward to this exciting collaboration and to supporting our pharmaceutical partners with this unique offering for fast acting and quick dissolving nanomedicines,” said Prof. Edward Hæggström, CEO of Nanoform.
“Aprecia’s proprietary 3DP technology platforms, are focused on providing solutions to our partner’s toughest formulation challenges that can’t be achieved through conventional manufacturing technologies. The opportunity to join forces with Nanoform will enable new fast acting and high performance buccal and oral dosage forms not previously seen in the industry. With the first and only FDA approval for a product utilizing these leading edge 3DP technology platforms, along with the world’s only commercial scale equipment and manufacturing process, Aprecia is paving the way for our current partners and future customers to make the medication experience better for both the patient and the caregiver”, said Chris Gilmore, CEO of Aprecia.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more