Jubilant HollisterStier LLC Enters Into Cooperative Agreement of $149.6 Mn With US Government to Expand Critical Vaccine Manufacturing Capacity
Jubilant Pharmova Limited has announced today that Jubilant Pharma Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, through one of its wholly owned subsidiaries, Jubilant HollisterStier LLC, (JHS) a leading US-based pharmaceutical contract manufacturer has entered into a cooperative agreement for $149.6 million (USD) with the Army Contracting Command, in coordination with the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND) on behalf of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), within the US Department of Health and Human Services. The effort was funded under the American Rescue Plan, this agreement will enable the Company to double its injectable filling production capacity at a total cost of $193 million, at its Spokane, Washington manufacturing facility. This will be completed by 2025.
This agreement is in addition to the $92 million filling line expansion announced in November 2021, which will be commercially available by the end of 2024.
Speaking on the announcement, Pramod Yadav, CEO, Jubilant Pharma Limited said, “Jubilant HollisterStier LLC is committed to making the US pharmaceutical supply chain more resilient with domestic manufacturing facilities and less reliant on foreign suppliers. Jubilant HollisterStier has a long history of supporting the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Defense (DOD) biodefense and medical countermeasure programs, including production for national preparedness efforts. We are proud to support the US government in their efforts of making the US more prepared and ready for future pandemics.”
“Jubilant HollisterStier LLC’s expansion will target large Pharmaceuticals and Biotech companies for parenteral products as well as feature a flexible manufacturing platform able to produce several types of vaccines (live, mRNA and inactivated/subunit). We are committed to investing in capability and capacity. This investment will ensure our ability and flexibility to speedily produce quality vaccines and treatments for our customers and be better prepared for any future threats to the country,” shared Amit Arora, President, Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO), Jubilant HollisterStier LLC.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more