Brenus Pharma Unveils Groundbreaking Preclinical Results For STC-10101, a Promising New Drug Candidate Targeting Colorectal Cancer & Solid Tumors
Brenus Pharma announces two groundbreaking presentations on STC-1010, the company’s first drug candidate for colorectal cancer (CRC), produced by Brenus Pharma’s STC (Stimulated Tumor-Cells) Technology Platform.
Innovative models for anti-tumor vaccine development were highlighted: Inovotion’s CAM (chorioallantoic model) in-ovo assay and Explicyte’s ex-vivo co-cultured assay, were used to characterize the mechanism of action through a specific immune response, and validate the anti-tumor effects of STC-1010. These models comply with the FDA’s modernization act 2.0 S. 5002 and demonstrate the potential of STC-1010 in clinical settings for the treatment of patients with colorectal cancer.
The first study evaluated the safety and efficacy of STC-1010 in activating the antitumoral immune response against human colorectal adenocarcinoma using the chicken CAM assay. Results obtained in-ovo confirmed the anti-tumor efficacy -mediated by cytokine secretion and T cells expansion- of the vaccine previously observed in CRC syngeneic mouse models. Dendritic cells primed by STC-1010 will induce a multi specific pool of T-lymphocytes against the tumor without toxicity.
The second study evaluated the functional activity of STC-1010-primed dendritic cells (DCs) from PBMCs human donors’ isolation, to activate autologous CD8+ T cells and promote tumor cell death. The study evaluated the cross-priming and specificity of the immune response induced by STC-1010. Results showed that STC-1010 is an efficient strategy to educate the immune system by cross-priming DCs and increasing the activity of specific CD8+ T cells (TCR sequencing) all of which promotes the significant tumor killing observed ex-vivo. Taken together, these studies provide promising results for the development of the STC-1010 and prove its potential to be presented into clinical setting for the treatment of patients with CRC.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more