BASMA.com Raises a $3M Series a Round to Scale Up Its Health Tech Platform in the MENA
BASMA.com is a digital healthcare platform working on redefining the orthodontics support experience with a chain of digitally-equipped clinics to offer faster and more precise treatments through its licensed partners. It uses ISO and CE certified invisible teeth aligners, 3D-printed in-house, to assist its network of partner clinics to treat patients with mild to moderate cases of teeth crowding and spacing in an average of 6 months. Unlike traditional orthodontic solutions, invisible aligners straighten teeth discreetly and without any pain.
Being the first of its kind in MENA, BASMA.com broke the barriers of traditional orthodontics by reshaping the patient experience. The startup has embraced a fully digital nature and took the process of orthodontic treatment to a new level. Pairing its network of partner clinics with state-of-the-art 3D technology, BASMA.com is on a mission to make customers’ experience more affordable and accessible.
Boosted by these new resources, BASMA.com will focus on hiring new talent and expanding its geographic reach across the Middle East. The startup also plans on growing its network of partner dental clinics across KSA, UAE, and the region, to reach more cities and countries in the GCC.
“With the social changes happening across MENA, we believe that the future of dental care is linking patients with doctors digitally. We have been following Dr. Cherif and his team for a while and are very excited about the progress made in serving clients across MENA using an end-to-end digital experience,” remarked Riyad Abou Jaoudeh, Junior Partner at MEVP.
“We believe in a full digital dental workflow and are equipping our network of clinics with all the digital tools necessary to offer accurate and effective treatments. At a click of a button, our users are directly connected to their dentists and orthodontists. Our advantage and main strength is that we make all of the treatment planning in-house, we listen and take the feedback of the patients, transmit it to our network partner clinics and constantly improve our offering,” elaborates Dr. Cherif Massoud, CEO and co-founder of BASMA.com.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more