Vygon Acquires Macatt Medica, Peruvian Distributor of Single-use Medical Devices
Vygon, a specialist single-use medical devices group, today announces the acquisition of Macatt Medica, a distribution company located in Lima, Peru. The company distributes the majority of Vygon’s products in Peru, including a wide range of enteral nutrition products. The financial terms of the agreement have not been disclosed.
With this acquisition, Macatt Medica will become a fully owned subsidiary; boosting Vygon’s presence in South America. Its 21 employees will be joining Vygon’s staff.
“We are delighted that Macatt is joining the extended Vygon family and, in particular, that this will enable us to strengthen our presence on the market for active medical devices,” said Michel Hanania, vice president for the Latin America region at Vygon. “This product range will complement the one that we have developed alongside our branch in Colombia, in the area of single-use ‘consumable’ products, which will enable us to offer a comprehensive range of products to our South American client base.”
“It’s a big step forward for Macatt to become Vygon’s Peru subsidiary; we are already working closely, distributing its products; this takeover is a natural progression for our company,” said Manuel Catalan, CEO of Macatt Medica. “This acquisition is an opportunity for Macatt to boost its presence on the distribution market for enteral nutrition products, while at the same time becoming part of a group which shares the same values as us.”
Founded in 1997, Macatt Medica has been distributing Vygon products since 2010. Its turnover rose to €1.7 million ($1.9M) in 2021.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more