CELLINK Launches the BIO CELLX, a First of its Kind Biodispensing Platform to Automate 3D Cell Culture
Today CELLINK, A BICO Company, launched the BIO CELLX a novel system that automates 3D cell culture workflows by leveraging pre-validated protocols. The BIO CELLX builds upon CELLINK’s impressive bioprinting portfolio utilizing proven technologies like the patented Clean Chamber combined with a unique new method for effortless mixing of hydrogels and cells, high precision dispensing and automatic nozzle priming to create a system for reproducible and high throughput model generation.
By introducing the concept of pre-validated protocols, the BIO CELLX provides cell biologists a solution for the development of 3D models without need for coding, CAD modelling or parameter selection and optimization. The BIO CELLX continues to harness the power of bioconvergence through the use of ECM based hydrogels provided by Advanced BioMatrix, another BICO group company.
“This product is an important step in proliferating 3D cell culture and the numerous advantages it can bring to cell biologists. With the BIO CELLX we have developed a solution that effectively empowers researchers to transition to 3D cell culture workflows, providing effective and reproducible models that can truly improve research outcomes,” says Johan Norrman, CTO, CELLINK.
“We are thrilled to be bringing the BIO CELLX to the drug discovery market. For the last 5 years we have developed cutting edge bioprinters and have utilized this expertise to develop an automated biodispensing platform solution that makes the power of 3D accessible to all with easy to understand set up and effortless material and cell mixing. We look forward to enabling the pharma industry with technology which we hope will bring meaningful breakthroughs in cancer research and therapy development by providing biomimetic models,” added Cecilia Edebo, CEO, CELLINK.
The BIO CELLX was selected as a finalist for the New Product Award at the recent SLAS conference in Boston for its potential impact in the market.
Visit www.cellink.com to learn more.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more
- ProJenX Announces Formation of Scientific Advisory Board for Development of ALS Treatment Read more