‘World First’ Online Cancer Recovery Platform Launched
A “world-first” online platform providing access to multidisciplinary cancer teams has been launched to support people living with the disease.
Perci Health, which claims to be world’s first online multidisciplinary support platform, has launched with £1.5million seed funding.
The service offers those living with cancer access to a range of vetted, high quality cancer professionals with a focus on recovery from a physical, mental, social and emotional point of view.
Kelly McCabe, co-founder and registered oncology dietician said: “At Perci, we’re focused on making affordable, high quality cancer care more accessible to support people in making the best decisions about their long-term health and wellbeing. We strongly believe no treatable side effect should be left untreated.”
The professional team at Perci provides support and solutions to problems that many people living with cancer face. The service is tailored for each individual user, and help is available for:
- Relationship counselling
- Managing chronic fatigue
- Advice on communicating with children
- Support in returning to work
- Genetic counselling
- Dietary advice
- Managing sexual consequences or menopausal effects
Perci Health focusses on optimal recovery and empowering patients to be active participants before, during and beyond cancer treatment.
Users can browse trusted and safe articles on the platform, book a free session with a trained cancer nurse and speak with a range of qualified cancer professionals.
These professionals offer personalised, holistic support in a range of disciplines including diet, psychology and physiotherapy. Therapies offered are evidence-based and research-backed and are governed by leading oncologist and cancer surgeons, according to the company.
Professor Peter Schmid, Perci Health medical director and professor of cancer medicine, said: “Having optimal supportive care networks is critical for patients recovering from cancer – for reintegration into a normal life, but also for long term survivorship.
“Currently these services are not always easy to access. Perci Health has been designed to solve this problem by offering patients access to specialist cancer supportive care, provided by carefully selected specialists for their optimal recovery.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more