Vizgen Launches the MERSCOPE® PanNeuro Cell Type Predesigned Panel
Vizgen, the life science company dedicated to improving human health by visualizing single-cell spatial genomics information, today announced the launch of its highly anticipated MERSCOPE® PanNeuro Cell Type Predesigned Panel, enabling cellular and sub-cellular analysis of neuronal signaling, activity and connectivity in the mouse brain.
The PanNeuro Cell Type Panel is the first of Vizgen’s predesigned 500 gene panels, providing a readily accessible tool for researchers working in neuroscience. This comprehensive cell typing panel was constructed using the Allen Mouse Brain Atlas, published literature, and published Vizgen Mouse Brain datasets. Vizgen’s PanNeuro Cell Type Panel not only provides the ability to identify cells, but also to probe neuronal signaling, activity and connectivity at cellular and subcellular levels, allowing researchers to:
- Identify all major cell types including astrocytes, ependymal cells, immune cells, neurons, oligodendrocytes, peripheral glial cells, and vascular cells
- Resolve neuronal and non-neuronal cell subtypes
- Explore functional information of cell subtypes
- Investigate cell interactions across the mouse brain
Vizgen’s MERSCOPE® Platform was instrumental in the creation of the new Whole Mouse Brain Atlas, a multi-center project spearheaded by the Allen Institute for Brain Science to map the entire mouse brain in three-dimensional space. A paper detailing the findings of the project is published on bioRxiv. Many key marker genes used in the new PanNeuro panel were well validated in the Whole Mouse Brain Atlas.
“This paper is a landmark study in the spatial genomics space as it establishes both an important benchmark reference and a foundational resource that we’ve consulted for construction of our PanNeuro panel,” said Jiang He, PhD, Scientific Co-founder and Senior Director of Scientific Affairs at Vizgen. “We are incredibly proud that Vizgen’s technology has helped enable this research.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more