Veritas and Jeffrey Modell Foundation Announce a Collaboration to Help Advance Early Diagnosis in Children with Primary Immunodeficiencies
The Jeffrey Modell Foundation (JMF) a global non-profit organization for Primary Immunodeficiency (PI) and Veritas, a letsgetchecked company, focused on genome and exome sequencing and their clinical interpretation, have announced a collaboration agreement to increase genomic diagnosis in the field of immunological disorders.
The agreement aims to identify PI gene defects to optimize precise diagnosis, disease management and appropriate treatment. The goal is to provide genetic sequencing services for children around the world who are suspected of having PI or other inborn errors of immunity.
“The diagnostic journey for patients with a PI is long and can take them to numerous pediatric specialists before a specific genetic diagnosis and treatment may be offered,” said MD, PhD Luis Izquierdo, Veritas’ Chief Medical Officer. “Genetic studies can contribute to the early diagnosis of PI , improving their prognosis and avoiding some of their most severe effects.”
Veritas’ genomics sequencing services will be offered as a sponsored service to the +900 physician members of the Jeffrey Modell Centers Network, across six continents. More than 200.000 patients with PID are being followed by the Jeffrey Modell Foundation.
“We are excited to begin our journey with Veritas to enhance our gene sequencing program and continue to give hope, improve the quality of life, and in some cases, cure children with PI worldwide,” said Vicki and Fred Modell, Co-Founders, Jeffrey Modell Foundation.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more