Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe
Trelleborg Healthcare & Medical announces a substantial investment to expand its European biopharmaceutical manufacturing capabilities in Malta. This follows a multimillion-dollar investment initiated in 2022 to expand biopharma capacities in North America.
Linda Muroski, President of Trelleborg Healthcare & Medical, says: “The site will initially add over 370 square meters/4,000 square feet of cleanroom space and focus on silicone tubing and braided hose with options to extend capabilities in the future. This is our second biopharma-focused manufacturing space alongside our BioPharma Center of Excellence in Northborough, Massachusetts in the US.”
The Malta site is one of Trelleborg’s largest manufacturing sites in Europe with a history of more than 60 years in advanced elastomeric solutions. Currently the main site in Hal Far consists of three buildings and construction has already begun on a fourth adjacent block. The facility is set for completion by the end of 2023 with production starting early 2024.
Florance Veronelli, Global Business Development Lead for Biopharmaceutical, says: “The investment is a key milestone in our biopharmaceutical strategy of being a global partner for growth. With increased capacity and local accessibility, we can offer our customers the same capabilities in two different regions. This results in shorter lead times, more flexibility, increased speed to market, and best cost, especially when it comes to customers with a large demand for bulky products like tubing.”
Trelleborg is known for supplying original equipment manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies with a broad range of products and capabilities for single- and multi-use biopharmaceutical applications. The company’s portfolio ranges from its highly reliable and proven silicone PharmaTube™ and hose to custom silicone and rubber-molded parts, O-Rings, seals, bearings, and composite products, all customizable into ready-to-use solutions.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more