Tollys Presents Scientific Data Supporting Preclinical Proof of Concept for TL-532, Its Cancer Immunotherapy Drug Candidate
Tollys, a biopharmaceutical company developing TL-532, the first synthetic specific agonist of Toll-like Receptor 3 (TLR3) cancer immunotherapy, today announces the presentation of a number of scientific results showing a preclinical proof of concept for TL-532 in the treatment of multiple cancers; at two online scientific conferences.
Doctors Marc Bonnin and Sylvain Thierry will present Tollys’ results at the European Association of Cancer Research’s EACR 2021 Congress, which will take place from June 9 -12:
- Dr Marc Bonnin, head of the discovery unit at Tollys, will present ‘Discovery process and in vitro biological characterization of rationally designed TL-532 Toll-like Receptor 3 (TLR3) agonist as anti-cancer molecule’ (EACR21v-0484)
- Dr Sylvain Thierry, head of translational research at Tollys, will present ‘First rationally designed Toll-like Receptor 3 (TLR3) agonist TL-532, induces apoptosis specific of tumor cells and long-lasting anti-tumor specific immunity’ (EACR21v-0469)
- How it differs from all TLR ligand receptors studied to date
- Direct and selective apoptosis induction of tumor cells in vitro and ex vivo on tumor samples from patients
- Prevention of recurrence through immunological memory; triggered and maintained in the long term by TL-532, as demonstrated in a rodent model
- Immunological switch in the tumor microenvironment in patients undergoing tumor resection
“We’re proud to be able to share this data, which proves the potential of this specific TLR3 agonist in immuno-oncology, in particular by releasing tumor-specific antigens. We believe these results are highly promising and we are looking forward to sharing them with the scientific community,” said Dr Bettina Werle, chief scientific officer at Tollys.
Dr Werle was also invited to present some initial results at the Sting & TLR Targeted Therapies summit. Her presentation took place on May 27, 2021: ‘TL-532, the First Rationally Designed TLR3 Agonist Creates Long-Lasting Tumor Specific Immunity In Vivo’.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more