Three Year Follow-Up Results Confirm Efficacy of StemSpine® Procedure for Treating Chronic Lower Back Pain, with No Serious Adverse Effects
Creative Medical Technology, a biotechnology company working to revolutionize care through the development of potentially best-in-class regenerative therapeutics, today announced positive three-year follow-up data for the Company’s StemSpine® pilot study, demonstrating the continued efficacy of the StemSpine® procedure for treating chronic lower back pain without any serious adverse effects reported.
StemSpine® is a patented procedure that primarily utilizes a patient’s own bone marrow aspirate for the treatment of chronic lower back pain. The issued patent also covers the use of allogenic (donor) cells for this condition, which provides the Company with additional options for treating millions of potential patients suffering from chronic lower back pain. There were no safety related concerns at up to three years, and the StemSpine® procedure resulted in a continued efficacy rate of 87% of patients that participated in the pilot study. No patients required re-dosage or surgical intervention since the last follow-up at two years.
“To our knowledge, this pilot is the first demonstration of the clinical efficacy of injecting bone marrow aspirate in areas surrounding the disc, thereby potentially repairing, remodeling and improving the blood supply around the disc and lower back area. We believe StemSpine® represents an attractive potential option for millions of Americans who suffer from non-surgical chronic lower back pain,” said Timothy Warbington, President and CEO of Creative Medical Technology.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more