Tevogen Bio to Develop T Cell Therapies for Treatment of Epstein-Barr Virus Related Cancers and Multiple Sclerosis
Tevogen Bio, a late-stage clinical biotechnology company specializing in the development of cellular immunotherapies in oncology, neurology, and virology has announced its intention to study potential therapeutic use of its allogeneic genetically unmodified precision T cell technology in multiple sclerosis (MS) by developing Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) specific CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL). These CTLs will also be studied for the potential use in EBV-related cancers, such as nasopharyngeal carcinoma and certain lymphomas.
“Recent studies on MS have suggested a probable link between infection with EBV and later onset of the inflammation that degrades the myelin sheath and causes MS,” said Dr. Neal Flomenberg, Tevogen’s Chief Scientific Officer. “We look to apply our significant expertise in off-the-shelf allogeneic SARS-CoV-2 specific CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes to explore EBV specific CTL therapy as a possible means of addressing the unmet needs of MS patients and certain cancer patients,” Flomenberg added.
“With nearly 1 million patients living with multiple sclerosis in the United States alone, we hope to bring additional arsenal to help treat this debilitating disease, which impacts patients in their most productive years,” said Sadiq Khan, M.B.A, Tevogen’s Chief Commercial Officer.
“We believe that cell therapies are expected to be the norm, not the exception,” said Tevogen CEO Ryan Saadi, M.D., M.P.H. “Tevogen aspires and is designed to be the very first biotech to achieve commercial success and patient affordability through advanced science and efficient business models.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more