Telix to Supply Bayer with Illuccix® for Global Phase III Prostate Cancer Study
Telix Pharmaceuticals today announces that it has entered into an agreement with Bayer AG (Bayer) to supply Illuccix® (TLX591-CDx, kit for the preparation of gallium Ga 68 gozetotide injection) for the Phase III ARASTEP study. This global study is investigating the efficacy of Bayer’s androgen receptor inhibitor (ARi) darolutamide plus androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) versus ADT alone in hormone-sensitive prostate cancer, in patients with high-risk biochemical recurrence who have no evidence of metastatic disease by conventional imaging and a positive PSMA-PET/CT at baseline.
The study will enrol up to 750 patients across various sites such as in Europe, Japan and the United States. The more sensitive PSMA imaging may identify prostate cancer lesions not detectable by conventional imaging such as computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and bone scans.
Telix Chief Medical Officer, Dr Colin Hayward stated, “We are pleased to supply Bayer and a number of clinical sites in this important study, reflective of Telix’s unique commitment to delivering advanced prostate cancer imaging globally. The use of PSMA-PET/CT in this setting is illustrative of the potential for this imaging modality to move beyond diagnosis to a disease management tool.”
Companies In This Post
- EpimAb Biotherapeutics Appoints Yonghong Zhu, M.D., Ph.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Mendus and NorthX Biologics to Enter into Strategic Cell Therapy Manufacturing Alliance Supported by New Investor Flerie Read more
- SciTech Development Raises $2.73 Million in Oversubscribed Funding Round to Advance Clinical Trials for Cancer Treatment Read more
- Amarna Therapeutics Announces Appointment of Dr. Henk Streefkerk as New CEO Read more
- Aegis Life Awarded Grant to Develop DNA-encoded Antibodies Against Infectious Diseases Read more