Synaffix Announces Expansion of ADC Collaboration with MacroGenics
Synaffix, a biotechnology company focused on commercializing its clinical-stage platform technology for the development of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) with best-in-class therapeutic index, has announced the expansion of its license agreement with MacroGenics, a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative monoclonal antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
The expansion comes just a year after the original February 2022 deal, increasing the total potential consideration by up to $2.2 billion, plus tiered low to high single-digit royalties on potential net sales of any resulting products. MacroGenics currently has the option to pursue up to seven ADC programs under the expanded deal, which includes three programs from the original collaboration.
Under the original licensing agreement, MacroGenics gained access to Synaffix’s clinical stage GlycoConnect™ antibody conjugation technology, HydraSpace™ polar spacer technology, as well as select toxSYN™ linker-payloads (SYNtecan E™, SYNeamicin D™ and SYNeamicin G™), each designed to enable ADCs with best-in-class efficacy and tolerability. These may be combined with MacroGenics’ proprietary antibody and bispecific DART® platform technologies to generate next-generation ADCs.
Anthony DeBoer, Vice President of Business Development at Synaffix, said: “The expansion of our agreement with MacroGenics is a significant milestone for Synaffix that further underscores the growing momentum behind our proprietary ADC technology. There are now 13 companies that have publicly disclosed the development of more than 20 ADCs that were built using our technology, with 5 programs that have commenced clinical development to date. We look forward to continuing our close collaboration with the talented team at MacroGenics in order to deliver novel therapeutic candidates for patients in need.”
Ezio Bonvini, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer of MacroGenics, said: “MacroGenics continues to be excited about the promise of Synaffix’s novel drug-linker technology that can help advance multiple potential first and best-in-class ADCs for the treatment of cancer.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more