Stand Up Therapeutics Signed with VectorBuilder for World’s First Gene Therapy Supply for Paraplegia Patient
VectorBuilder is the world’s largest supplier of customized vectors for viral and non-viral gene delivery, operating as a multinational corporation headquartered in Chicago, USA with offices in North America, Europe, China, Japan, Korea, Australia and Israel. Currently, more than 80,000 custom vectors are produced annually for numerous researchers around the world.
VectorBuilder has GMP facilities for gene delivery systems, and supplies gene therapy products and delivery systems for thousands of institutions around the world and more than 50,000 customers, including all the leading pharmaceutical companies and major universities. We are supplying gene therapy products and delivery systems. According to Stand Up Therapeutics, through this agreement, VectorBuilder will produce and supply gene therapy products designed by Stand Up Therapeutics in the future. The plan is to dominate the world market.
VectorBuilder’s Chief Scientist Bruce Lahn said, “VectorBuilder is very interested in Stand Up Therapeutics’s gene therapy for the treatment of paralysis at the global level. As a world leader in the design and GMP manufacturing of gene delivery vectors, I hope it would be a good opportunity for VectorBuilder to supply this product to Stand Up for patients worldwide.”
Stand Up Therapeutics CEO Dr. Junsang Yoo said, “Stand Up Therapeutics is the only one in the world that has the technology that treats paralyzed patients due to spinal cord injury using own developed direct lineage reprogramming technology (STUP-001). Members of Stand Up Therapeutics is putting full efforts in developing a treatment for patients suffering from paralysis due to traumatic injury.” Also, “With the direct cross-differentiation PIPELINE technology, Stand Up Therapeutics plans to develop treatments for Parkinson’s disease (STUP-002), stroke (STUP-003), spinal stenosis (STUP-004) and myocardial infarction (STUP-005) in the future.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more