Silver Creek Presents ARPEGGIO, a Phase 2 Clinical Trial Evaluating Scp776, a First-in-Class Cell Rescue Drug, for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke
Silver Creek, a biotechnology company headquartered in San Francisco, presented the ARPEGGIO study at the International Stroke Conference in Dallas, Texas. Scp776 is a first-in-class targeted insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) fusion protein designed to mitigate cellular damage following acute injury. Scp776 was well tolerated in healthy men and women in two Phase 1 studies.
“Scp776 was designed and engineered to allow clinicians to harness the pro-survival signaling of IGF-1 to the treatment of tissue injuries,” said Lakhmir Chawla, M.D., Chief Medical Officer of Silver Creek. “The ARPEGGIO trial is the first opportunity for scp776 to translate a robust preclinical data package to human patients that have suffered an acute injury.”
ARPEGGIO is a Phase 2 randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter clinical trial that will evaluate the safety and cerebroprotective capacity of scp776 in acute ischemic stroke patients undergoing endovascular thrombectomy. The trial design has two parts: Sequential dose escalation (Part A) followed by dose expansion (Part B). The trial is expected to enroll up to 100 individuals across approximately 20 stroke centers in the US (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT05585606).
Silver Creek presented details of the trial design and the data supporting the continued clinical advancement of scp776 in an Ongoing Clinical Trial poster at the American Heart Association’s International Stroke Conference (ISC) 2023 (poster # CTP8). The presentation also disclosed efficacy results from a recent preclinical study in a model of acute ischemic stroke.
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more
- ProJenX Announces Formation of Scientific Advisory Board for Development of ALS Treatment Read more