SciSparc and Clearmind Collaboration Strengthens IP Portfolio with Patent Application in the U.S. for Treatment of Depression
SciSparc, a specialty clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focusing on the development of therapies to treat disorders of the central nervous system, announced today that as part of its ongoing collaboration with Clearmind Medicine, a biotech company focused on discovery and development of novel psychedelic-derived therapeutics to solve major under-treated mental health problems, an additional provisional patent application was filed by Clearmind with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, refering to the protection of the unique combination of MEAI and SciSparc’s Palmitoylethanolamide for the treatment of depression.
Under this collaboration, three other patent applications have been filed by Clearmind with the USPTO for the combination of SciSparc’s PEA with Clearmind’s MEAI compound (5-methoxy-2-aminoindane) for the treatment of alcohol use disorder, treatment of cocaine addiction and treatment of obesity and its related metabolic disorders. An additional six patent applications have been filed for the combination of SciSparc’s PEA and lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), psilocybin, and N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), 3,4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), ibogaine and ketamine.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more