Sapience Therapeutics to Present Late-Breaking Data on ST101 and ST316 at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
Sapience Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide therapeutics to address oncogenic and immune dysregulation that drive cancer, announced today the presentation of two late-breaking research posters during the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2023, taking place April 14-19, 2023, in Orlando, Florida.
“We are thrilled to showcase late-breaking results at this year’s AACR meeting with data from our ST101 and ST316 programs that address difficult-to-drug cancer targets, C/EBPβ and β-catenin,” said Dr. Barry Kappel, founder, CEO and President of Sapience. “These datasets demonstrate the roles of ST101 and ST316 in shifting an immune-suppressive tumor microenvironment to an immune-active state, and support evaluating both agents in coordination with immune-oncology (I/O) therapeutic strategies. In particular, with ST316 set to begin patient dosing in a Phase 1-2 clinical study in mid-2023, we are excited that these datasets further elucidate its unique mechanism of action.”
ST101 is a first-in-class antagonist of C/EBPβ that has demonstrated clinical proof-of-concept in advanced solid tumors. ST101 is currently being evaluated in the Phase 2 portion of an ongoing Phase 1-2 clinical study in patients with advanced unresectable and metastatic solid tumors.
ST316 is a first-in-class peptide antagonist of the interaction between β-catenin and its co-activator BCL9, a complex that drives oncogenesis in multiple cancers where aberrant Wnt/β-catenin pathway signaling is observed. In March of this year, Sapience announced that it received clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to proceed with a Phase 1-2 clinical trial of ST316 for the treatment of solid tumors.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more