SamaCare Partners with AmerisourceBergen to Offer Prior Authorization Platform to Specialty Practices
SamaCare, a prior authorization platform for physician-administered medications, today announced a partnership with AmerisourceBergen Specialty GPOs to offer specialty physician practices across oncology, retina, rheumatology, and neurology access to SamaCare’s platform. SamaCare’s workflow automation platform helps specialty practices streamline administrative processes such as specialty drug prior authorizations.
“AmerisourceBergen aims to provide our practices with the latest technologies to enhance care delivery, improve care coordination or augment with new revenue streams,” said Charles Deckers, VP, Business Development and Alliances at AmerisourceBergen. “SamaCare enables providers to unify, digitize, and automate the prior authorization process. In addition to reducing administrative overhead and improving authorization outcomes, SamaCare makes prior authorizations more predictable for specialty practices – with anticipated benefits for revenue cycle management and patient satisfaction.”
Nearly 8,000 providers and some of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world utilize SamaCare’s platform to unify submission, tracking, and management of prior authorizations across all payers and plans for buy-and-bill medications.
“Collaborating with AmerisourceBergen solidifies our position as the market leader in prior authorization management for medical benefits,” said Syam Palakurthy, CEO and co-founder of SamaCare. “This strategic partnership further empowers us to realize our mission of making life-changing treatments available to patients at the moment they need them.”
- New “AI Doctor” Predicts Hospital Readmission and Other Health Outcomes Read more
- Axol Bioscience Collaborates with StrataStem to Deliver Stem Cell-Based ‘Clinical Trial in a Dish’ for Alzheimer’s Disease Read more
- MedTech Innovator Asia Pacific Names 24 Startups to Annual Accelerator Read more
- XNK Therapeutics Appoints Hugo Petit as Chief Financial Officer Read more
- Bayer Strengthens Gene Therapy Portfolio With Lipid Nanoparticle Technology From Acuitas Therapeutics Read more