SamaCare Partners with AmerisourceBergen to Offer Prior Authorization Platform to Specialty Practices
SamaCare, a prior authorization platform for physician-administered medications, today announced a partnership with AmerisourceBergen Specialty GPOs to offer specialty physician practices across oncology, retina, rheumatology, and neurology access to SamaCare’s platform. SamaCare’s workflow automation platform helps specialty practices streamline administrative processes such as specialty drug prior authorizations.
“AmerisourceBergen aims to provide our practices with the latest technologies to enhance care delivery, improve care coordination or augment with new revenue streams,” said Charles Deckers, VP, Business Development and Alliances at AmerisourceBergen. “SamaCare enables providers to unify, digitize, and automate the prior authorization process. In addition to reducing administrative overhead and improving authorization outcomes, SamaCare makes prior authorizations more predictable for specialty practices – with anticipated benefits for revenue cycle management and patient satisfaction.”
Nearly 8,000 providers and some of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world utilize SamaCare’s platform to unify submission, tracking, and management of prior authorizations across all payers and plans for buy-and-bill medications.
“Collaborating with AmerisourceBergen solidifies our position as the market leader in prior authorization management for medical benefits,” said Syam Palakurthy, CEO and co-founder of SamaCare. “This strategic partnership further empowers us to realize our mission of making life-changing treatments available to patients at the moment they need them.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more