Sable Therapeutics Announces Licensing Agreement with Shanghai Liuqiang Medical Technology
Sable Therapeutics, an early-stage biotechnology company developing novel therapies for fat reduction, today announced that it will enter into a licensing agreement with Shanghai Liuqiang Medical Technology Co. In exchange for an undisclosed upfront payment, Liuqiang will acquire exclusive rights to develop and commercialize Sable Therapeutics’ microneedle patch incorporating SBL-003 and SBL-004 in Greater China. Sable Therapeutics’ SBL-003/SBL-004 microneedle patch is a fat “browning” patch that is used for targeted aesthetic fat reduction purposes.
Additionally, Sable Therapeutics will benefit from Liuqiang Medical Technology’s formulation, development and manufacturing expertise as it looks to commercialize the technology in all regions outside of Greater China. “We are thrilled to announce this partnership with Liuqiang Medical Technology. They are a leading company with deep expertise in microneedle patch research and development across a variety of targeted indications,” said Dr. Li Qiang, Scientific Co-Founder and Associate Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology at Columbia University Medical Center.
“This exciting agreement will help drive and accelerate our own internal efforts as we look to introduce our novel fat burning microneedle patch technology into the large global aesthetics marketplace,” said Daniel Chai, M.D., Managing Partner of Turret Capital and Co-Founder and Acting Chief Executive Officer of Sable Therapeutics.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more