Roche Opens Access to Pathology Imaging Tools to Improve Patient Care
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced the introduction of the Roche Digital Pathology Open Environment that allows software developers to easily integrate their image analysis tools for tumour tissue with Roche’s uPath enterprise software, an application for pathologist workflow. This open environment allows for the secure exchange and flow of data so that pathologists can access advanced algorithms from third parties alongside Roche’s menu of artificial intelligence-based image analysis tools. This enables software developers globally to distribute their digital products through Roche’s uPath software, offering a broader set of diagnostic tools for pathologists and ultimately the potential for better and faster answers for patients.
As artificial intelligence tools proposed for clinical use continue to develop, industry and research partners may leverage Roche’s Open Environment. This access expands the ability for pathologists to more easily read images generated from the VENTANA DP 200 slide scanner, which is needed for image analysis algorithm development. This also allows for partnerships between researchers and developers, which can result in greater access to innovative imaging tools for laboratories and healthcare providers for both research and clinical use.
“Roche is at the center of digital transformation for pathology, and is investing heavily in this innovation to improve patient outcomes,” said Thomas Schinecker, CEO Roche Diagnostics. “Providing pathologists with access to innovative digital tools from Roche and our collaborators through an open environment is critical for laboratory customers and the patients they serve.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Axel Hoos, MD, PhD, Joins NextPoint Therapeutics Board of Directors Read more
- Coya Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from a Proof-of-Concept Academic Clinical Study for COYA 302 in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Read more
- BeiGene Enters New Phase to Expand US Manufacturing and R&D Footprint in New Jersey Read more
- Mindset Health Raises $12M to Expand Digital Hypnotherapy Apps & Scale Distribution Read more
- GeneDx Announces Progress on GUARDIAN Study and Promise of Early Genomic Testing to End Rare Disease “Diagnostic Odyssey” Read more