Roche Announces Collaboration with Lilly to Enhance Early Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease
Roche announced today that it has entered into a collaboration with Eli Lilly and Company to support the development of Roche’s Elecsys® Amyloid Plasma Panel (EAPP). The EAPP is an innovative blood test that aims to facilitate the earlier diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
Today, barriers to early and accurate diagnosis of Alzheimer’s exist across the globe with up to 75% of people living with the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, but without a diagnosis. Those who have received a diagnosis waited, on average, 2.8 years after symptom onset1. To address the growing strain that Alzheimer’s is putting on healthcare systems, it will be essential to make a person’s journey to diagnosis faster and more accessible. This will ultimately enable access to appropriate new therapies as they become available.
This collaboration is aligned to both Roche and Lilly’s shared objective to support patients by improving the journey to a timely and accurate diagnosis and treatment. If approved, the EAPP test would be an additional tool to identify low likelihood of amyloid pathology in symptomatic patients and determine whether they should proceed to further evaluation and testing that may confirm a diagnosis.
“We are excited to be collaborating with Lilly on such an important area of unmet medical need,” said Matt Sause, CEO of Roche Diagnostics. “Today, over 55 million people are living with dementia and this is projected to increase to nearly 140 million by 20502. Collaboration is essential to ensure these people receive a timely and accurate diagnosis. The Elecsys® Amyloid Plasma Panel has the potential to streamline a person’s journey to diagnosis and, therefore, access to future treatment options.”
“We are pleased to be joining Roche to support the development of yet another potential diagnostic tool,” said Mark Mintun, Lilly group vice president – Neuroscience R&D and president, Avid Radiopharmaceuticals. “We look forward to the robust data and continued collaboration across the field that will be critical to accelerate the ecosystem to aid in a timely and accurate diagnosis of Alzheimer’s.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more