QIAGEN and Servier Partner to Develop Companion Diagnostic for Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Therapy Drug
QIAGEN today announced it has entered into a strategic partnership with Servier, a global pharmaceutical group, to develop a companion diagnostic test for TIBSOVO®, an isocitrate dehydrogenase-1 (IDH1) inhibitor indicated for the treatment of the blood cancer acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Under the Master Collaboration Agreement, QIAGEN will develop and validate a real-time in vitro PCR test that can be used to detect IDH1 gene mutations in AML patients in whole blood and bone marrow aspirates. The companion diagnostic will run on the QIAGEN Rotor-Gene Q MDx device, which is widely used by labs worldwide. QIAGEN’s experienced regulatory teams will support clinical validation of the companion diagnostic and its approval in the US, the European Union and Japan.
“Patients with AML may deteriorate rapidly if not treated quickly so we are pleased to support Servier with a companion diagnostic in their mission to propose innovative treatment for IDH1 mutated AML patients,” said Jonathan Arnold, Vice President, Head of Partnering for Precision Diagnostics, at QIAGEN. “At the same time, we are further strengthening our role in developing companion diagnostics for the ever-growing number of biomarkers being discovered in onco-hematology.”
Brian Lockhart, Global Head of Companion Diagnostics at Servier, said: “In order to expand the global access for TIBSOVO® for patients, it is imperative that we leverage a partner such as QIAGEN with an established global footprint in oncology-driven diagnostics, and a proven expertise in companion diagnostics development and approvals.”
AML is a hard-to-treat cancer of the blood and bone marrow. IDH1 mutations are present in about 6 to 10 percent of cases. One of the most common types of leukemia in adults, the disease often occurs in patients in their late 60s or older.
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more