Pavel Dřevínek, an Academic Researcher, on Services for Sepsis
At the 33rd ECCMID event, we caught up with Pavel Dřevínek, an academic researcher at Charles University in Prague, who discusses the services his hospital offers for sepsis. He explains that sepsis is a serious condition that occurs when the body’s immune system overreacts to an infection, leading to organ failure and potentially life-threatening complications.
Dřevínek highlights the importance of early detection and treatment of sepsis, and notes that his hospital has developed a comprehensive sepsis protocol to ensure that patients receive prompt and effective care. This includes a range of diagnostic tests and interventions, such as blood cultures, antibiotics, and fluid resuscitation.
He also discusses the challenges involved in managing sepsis. To address these challenges, his hospital has established a multidisciplinary sepsis team that includes specialists from a variety of medical fields.
- Mendus and NorthX Biologics to Enter into Strategic Cell Therapy Manufacturing Alliance Supported by New Investor Flerie Read more
- SciTech Development Raises $2.73 Million in Oversubscribed Funding Round to Advance Clinical Trials for Cancer Treatment Read more
- Amarna Therapeutics Announces Appointment of Dr. Henk Streefkerk as New CEO Read more
- Aegis Life Awarded Grant to Develop DNA-encoded Antibodies Against Infectious Diseases Read more
- New “AI Doctor” Predicts Hospital Readmission and Other Health Outcomes Read more