Pavel Dřevínek, an Academic Researcher, on Services for Sepsis
At the 33rd ECCMID event, we caught up with Pavel Dřevínek, an academic researcher at Charles University in Prague, who discusses the services his hospital offers for sepsis. He explains that sepsis is a serious condition that occurs when the body’s immune system overreacts to an infection, leading to organ failure and potentially life-threatening complications.
Dřevínek highlights the importance of early detection and treatment of sepsis, and notes that his hospital has developed a comprehensive sepsis protocol to ensure that patients receive prompt and effective care. This includes a range of diagnostic tests and interventions, such as blood cultures, antibiotics, and fluid resuscitation.
He also discusses the challenges involved in managing sepsis. To address these challenges, his hospital has established a multidisciplinary sepsis team that includes specialists from a variety of medical fields.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more