Oxford/AstraZeneca Alternative Now Available at Riverside Vaccination Centre
Vaccination appointments are available for residents who are eligible at the Riverside Vaccination Centre in Newport on the Isle of Wight, including those who are aged 30 years and over.
Vaccinations continue to be offered in line with recommendations from the independent JCVI.
If you’re under 40, you’ll be offered a Pfizer appointment as the alternative vaccine to Oxford/AstraZeneca.
If you’re 40 or over, you’ll be asked if you’re pregnant to make sure you’re only shown appointments for the right vaccine for you.
Do not leave Island for jab
Eligible people should book online or call 119. If residents attempt to book online but appointments slots are full, they should continue to keep checking the national booking system as more appointments will become available.
People do not have to travel to the mainland for a vaccination appointment unless they choose to do so.
The Riverside Centre in Newport is open seven days a week, 8am to 8pm and people can choose an appointment slot best suited to them.
Pfizer for Pfizer cohorts 1-9
Continues to be offered to cohorts 1-9 by the Primary Care Networks.
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more