New Mobile Friendly Web Tool With Interactive Dashboard Gives Individuals the Information They Need on Monkeypox in Advance of Attending Gatherings
Summer is a time when many of us are keen to get away, enjoy the outdoors and let our hair down at festivals, events and parties. With the monkeypox virus continuing to spread in Europe, and disproportionately affecting men who have sex with men, WHO has advised that potentially affected groups inform themselves of their risks and take steps to protect themselves and others. With this in mind, WHO/Europe has launched a new tool that will offer convenient access to monkeypox information for people planning to attend large gatherings, events or parties. The tool provides an up-to-date assessment of the in-country situation, links to the websites of local health authorities, advice on available preventive measures, as well as links to WHO guidance.
It is part of a comprehensive monkeypox resource toolkit with ready-to-use and customizable tools to support national authorities and event organizers in their planning and coordination of mass and large gathering events.
The WHO/Europe team responsible for its development describes the purpose of the tool as follows:
“While we are encouraging specific event organizers to provide participants with key monkeypox information, this tool helps to direct people to useful information, especially to local health authority sites, as well as WHO resources and tools. The tool can be accessed through a link or QR code and shared on social media, and it is designed for mobile devices – meaning that people can use it while travelling or on the move. We’ve tried to make it as user-friendly and accessible as possible, so that anyone planning to attend an event can get the most out of it.”
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more