Neutron Therapeutics Announces Successful Generation of a Neutron Beam for BNCT at Shonan Kamakura General Hospital in Japan
Neutron Therapeutics (NT), a targeted radiation oncology therapy company developing a comprehensive clinical solution for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT), today announced the successful production of a proton beam at an industry-leading 37mA of proton current on target, and the generation of the first neutron beam at its nuBeam® system at Shonan Kamakura General Hospital (SKGH) in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan.
“We are extremely pleased to announce this exciting milestone in our first installation of a nuBeam® system in the Asia Pacific region,” said Elizabeth Reczek, PhD, CEO of Neutron. “Japan has been at the forefront of the modern, accelerator-based era of BNCT therapy and is the world leader in clinical BNCT research. We are excited to continue this tradition of innovation through our collaboration with SKGH and are proud to offer the only system that conforms to IAEA recommendations for a neutron beam for BNCT.”
BNCT targets cancer at the cellular level by combining a tumor-targeted boron carrier drug with a neutron beam to generate DNA-damaging ionizing radiation within the tumor cell itself, while sparing surrounding normal tissues. With the potential to treat both primary tumors and local metastases in a highly targeted manner with as few as one to two treatments, BNCT represents a disruptive advance in radiation therapy for solid tumors and an exciting new tool in the oncologist’s arsenal. Neutron Therapeutics’ nuBeam® system produces the highest neutron flux available, leading to substantially shorter treatment times and improved patient experience.
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more