Nanoscope Therapeutics Receives Fast Track Designation by the FDA for MCO-010 for the Treatment of Stargardt Disease
Nanoscope Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing gene therapies for retinal degenerative diseases, today announced that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track Designation (FTD) to MCO-010, an ambient-light activatable Multi-Characteristic Opsin (MCO) optogenetic monotherapy to restore vision in blind patients, for the treatment of Stargardt disease to improve visual function.
“We are pleased to receive the FDA’s decision to grant Fast Track Designation for the second indication of our vision restoring therapy, and we look forward to sharing six-month data from the Phase 2 STARLIGHT clinical trial of MCO-010 therapy in Stargardt patients this quarter,” said Sulagna Bhattacharya, CEO of Nanoscope. “Receiving Fast Track Designation reinforces the urgency of our mission to find an effective solution for Stargardt patients and is an acknowledgement of MCO-010’s potential to address this unmet medical need.”
In September 2022, enrollment was completed in the Phase 2 open-label STARLIGHT clinical trial (NCT05417126) of MCO-010 in six patients with advanced vision loss due to a clinical or genetic diagnosis of Stargardt disease. In this study, all subjects received the same single intravitreal dose of 1.2E11gc/eye of MCO-010. Six-month data from the STARLIGHT trial are expected in Q1 2023.
The FDA’s Fast Track designation is intended to facilitate the development and expedite the review of novel therapies to treat serious conditions for which there is unmet medical need. With the Fast Track designation, Nanoscope Therapeutics is eligible for more frequent regulatory meetings and communications with the FDA.
Companies In This Post
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more