n-Lorem Foundation Awarded Prestigious 2023 Edison Award
n-Lorem, a nonprofit Foundation, today announced that it has been selected as a 2023 Edison Gold Award winner in the Treatment Optimization category for Health, Medical, and Biotech. This award recognizes the innovative, non-profit approach of n-Lorem to discover, develop and provide individualized, experimental ASO medicines for nano-rare patients (1 to 30 patients with the same single gene mutation worldwide) for free for life.
“n-Lorem is pleased to be recognized alongside such a prestigious group of innovative organizations that are making a positive impact on the daily lives of patients around the world. What we are doing at n-Lorem for nano-rare patients is truly extraordinary and unique. Our mission is to provide hope and potential help to nano-rare patients today for free, for life,” said Stanley T. Crooke, M.D., Ph.D., Founder, Chairman and CEO of n-Lorem Foundation. “We believe that every nano-rare patient deserves the very best ASO that we can discover and develop. At n-Lorem we have the expertise, knowledge, automation and experience to discover optimal ASOs for our patients even as we scale up to meet a growing demand from the nano-rare community. Already we have accepted more than 90 patients into our program and expect this number to continue to increase as more patients are treated and more patients find their way to n-Lorem.”
The Edison Awards honor excellence in new product and service development, marketing, human-centered design and innovation. In its 36th year, the annual competition is among the most prestigious accolades not only recognizing world-changing innovations, but also the brilliant minds behind them. Previous winners include Moderna, Merck, and Steve Jobs. The Edison Awards are inspired by Thomas A. Edison (1847-1931), an American icon with an international presence. His extraordinary new product and market development methods earned him 1,093 U.S. patents.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more