MIMETAS Launches Ready-to-Use 3D Adult Stem Cell Organoid Tubules
MIMETAS, a leading company in the field of organ-on-a-chip-based disease models, announces that it has launched its Adult Stem Cell (ASC)-derived tubular organoids in an assay-ready format. As part of its OrganoReady® product line, MIMETAS offers two organoid-based products: ASC-derived Colon1 and Kidney2 Organoid tubules.
“We are thrilled to offer this cutting-edge technology to the research community,” says Jos Joore, co-CEO of MIMETAS. “We’ve worked for several years to optimize these OrganoReady® organoid products. As a result, our early-access users will be the first in the world to have license-free access to ready-to-use, donor-relevant organoid tubules of consistent quality.”
MIMETAS has strategically collaborated with HUB Organoid Technology (HUB) since October 2019 to develop organoid models on a chip. HUB Organoids are derived directly from ASCs and do not require reprogramming or transforming stem cells, thus maintaining donor-specific properties. Combining the OrganoPlate®, MIMETAS’ proprietary microfluidic platform, with HUB organoid technology, organoids are grown as perfused 3D tubular structures that can be accessed on both apical and basal sides. The fully optimized OrganoReady® Colon Organoid and OrganoReady® Kidney Organoid products are ideal for applications such as mechanistic toxicology and drug-induced organ injury. With 64 organoids on a single plate, the models are amenable to medium- to high-throughput screening. In addition MIMETAS can develop any type of organoid model in the OrganoPlate® on request.
The launch comes at a strategic moment. Recently, the FDA Modernization Act 2.0 was signed by US president Joe Biden. The act advocates the use of innovative technologies such as organoids and Organ-on-a-Chip as alternatives to animal testing.
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more