Lipella Pharmaceuticals Announces Creation of Oral Health Scientific Advisory Board
Lipella Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage biotechnology company addressing serious diseases with significant unmet need, has announced the creation of a Scientific Advisory Board in oral health. The five-member Board will initially focus on the development of LP-310, Lipella’s product candidate for the treatment of symptomatic oral lichen planus (OLP). LP-310 is a proprietary liposomal oral rinse formulation of liposomal tacrolimus. The Board will also provide guidance on the design of the company’s phase 2a multicenter dose escalation study of LP-310 for IND submission and will assist Lipella with additional indications in oral liposomal drug delivery and treatment.
Dr. Jonathan Kaufman, Chief Executive Officer of Lipella, said, “We are honored to include this group of highly regarded experts in oral medicine to help us prepare a Phase 2a clinical trial for the treatment of OLP.”
Members of the advisory board include:
- Alessandro Villa, DDS, PhD, MPH will serve as the inaugural Chair of the Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Villa is the Chief of Oral Medicine, Oral Oncology and Dentistry at Miami Cancer Institute and Professor, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami, FL.
- Michael Brennan, DDS, MHS, Chairman, Department of Oral Medicine/Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC; Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Kamal Al-Eryani, DDS, PhD, Associate Professor of Orofacial Science, Chief of Oral Medicine Services, UCSF School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA.
- Vidya Sankar, DMD, MHS, Associate Professor and Division Director for Oral Medicine, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA.
- Hervé Y. Sroussi, DMD, PhD, Associate Surgeon and Director for Research, Division of Oral Medicine and Dentistry, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and an Associate Professor in the Department of Oral Medicine, Infection and Immunity at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA.
Dr. Michael Chancellor, M.D., Chief Medical Officer of Lipella, said, “The successful regulatory approval and initiation of the clinical trial of LP-310 will be a critical milestone in Lipella’s development. This milestone takes us one step closer to bringing a first-in class treatment for oral lichen planus, a disease that affects over six million Americans and represents great unmet medical need.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more