LIfT BioSciences and Minaris Regenerative Medicine Enter into a Development and Manufacturing Partnership
LIfT BioSciences, a pioneering pre-clinical stage company moving into first-in-human trials with an allogeneic neutrophil progenitor-based cell therapy, and Minaris Regenerative Medicine GmbH, a leading global contract development and manufacturing service provider for the cell and gene therapy industry, have entered into a development and manufacturing partnership for N-LIfT, LIfT’s first-in-class neutrophil progenitor based Leukocyte Infusion Therapy for the treatment of various cancer indications, including Pancreatic Cancer, Lung Cancer and other solid tumours.
Under the terms of the agreement, Minaris Regenerative Medicine, in conjunction with LIfT BioSciences are confident they can develop a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)-compliant manufacturing process to supply LIfT’s clinical trial programmes in Europe, currently anticipated to start in Q1 2024. N-LIfT is made from Immunomodulatory Alpha Neutrophils committed myeloid progenitors (IMANp) that are manufactured ex vivo from hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) of healthy donors who exhibit exceptional innate cancer killing properties. The unique mechanism of action of N-LIfT allows the product to work effectively through the innate immune pathway as well as activating multiple other factors of the adaptive immune system.
“Following very strong preclinical results, we are now moving into producing GMP grade product as we prepare for clinical trials early next year. Our mission to destroy all solid tumours irrespective of where the tumour is or how it adapts is looking more and more achievable”, said Alex Blyth, CEO of LIfT BioSciences. “We are confident that Minaris’ extensive track record in process development, clinical, and commercial manufacturing will generate a scalable and cost-effective GMP-process and accelerate our clinical readiness.”
Dusan Kosijer, CEO of Minaris Regenerative Medicine GmbH commented: “We are excited about our partnership with LIfT BioSciences and to be contributing to scientific progress in a new field. We share LIfT’s enthusiasm about their unique IMANs and their demonstrated enhanced cytotoxic and immunomodulatory properties.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more