Kaia Health Becomes World’s Most Broadly Covered Back Pain Offering After Gaining Approval for Prescription in Germany
Kaia Back Pain, a digital therapy for the treatment of non-specific back pain, has been permanently added to the Directory of Digital Health Applications (DiGA) by the German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM), adding to the Kaia COPD DiGA listing in December. The digital therapy is available free of charge to Germans with statutory health insurance when prescribed.
Prof. Toelle, the chairman of the Rise-uP trial says: “The DiGA listing of the Kaia App is a milestone for the treatment of back pain and for digital medicine in Germany. The Ris-uP project started in 2016, long before digital health applications were in the medical scheme. Now, after 1200 patients in the study, 12 month observation, superior clinical outcome over a competitive control group, and skilled data on cost-savings we are starting the introduction as standard of care for non-specific back pain in the German health system. This means better, earlier and more efficient treatment for a broad sphere of patients”.
Nigel Ohrenstein, President of Kaia Health, says: “Kaia Health is committed to improving access to care for people suffering from chronic pain throughout the world, and as part of that we’re proud to bring our clinically validated and proven digital therapies to back pain sufferers in Germany, and at no cost to the patient”.
The Kaia App uses computer vision technology and artificial intelligence (AI) to support patients in performing their exercises. Using the device camera it analyzes movements in real-time to provide visual and verbal corrections – supporting the safe and correct execution of therapy for patients at home.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more