Invenio Imaging Receives CE Mark to Detect Cancer at the Time of Surgery using Artificial Intelligence
Invenio Imaging, the leader in intraoperative fresh tissue imaging, announced today the CE Mark for the NIO Glioma Reveal image analysis module. NIO Glioma Reveal is based on deep learning and allows neurosurgeons to identify areas of cancer infiltration in patients undergoing primary treatment of a diffuse glioma. With the CE mark, neurosurgeons in the European Union can now use NIO Glioma Reveal to inform intraoperative decisions*.
“By streamlining intraoperative tissue imaging, the NIO Laser Imaging System allows the imaging of multiple samples from the resection cavity. The NIO Glioma Reveal image analysis module now adds immediate decision support”, says Chris Freudiger, PhD, co-founder and CTO of Invenio Imaging.
“Glioma Reveal provides cancer detection where we really need it, dramatically improving brain tumor surgery”, says Prof. Dr. Jürgen Beck, Chair of Neurosurgery at the University of Freiburg.
“Applying reliable artificial intelligence to digital pathology appears to me, as a surgeon, to be the missing piece in the puzzle of rapid intraoperative histology-based decision-making”, says Asst. Prof. Dr. Volker Neuschmelting, Vice-Chair of Neurosurgery at the University of Cologne.
“The NIO Laser Imaging System can also be combined with other important imaging techniques such as 5-ALA fluorescence to further improve brain tumor detection during surgery”, says Prof. Dr. Georg Widhalm, neurosurgeon at the University of Vienna.
Invenio will launch NIO Glioma Reveal at the upcoming Annual Meeting of the German Society of Neurosurgery (DGNC) in Cologne from 29 May – 01 June 2022.
*NIO Glioma Reveal is available “For Research Use Only” in the United States, not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more