Implantica Launches RefluxStop™ in Italy
Implantica, a medtech company at the forefront of bringing advanced technology into the body, announces today that the first RefluxStop procedures were performed in Italy, a key market where more than 10 percent of the population struggles with acid reflux disease.
“Having Dr. Adolfo Renzi at the prestigious Napoli hospital Ospedale Buon Consiglio Fatebenefratelli use RefluxStop and have such a positive experience confirms RefluxStop’s ability to help those patients suffering from acid reflux. Implantica is now available in several countries in Europe and we are working hard on additional markets. We are committed to maintaining a quality approach and focusing growth efforts in important key markets,” said Dr. Peter Forsell, CEO of Implantica.
Dr. Renzi, Head of the Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Unit and High Specialization in Functional Pathologies of the Esophagus and Colorectal, successfully performed the first two RefluxStop procedures in Italy this month. Both patients are doing well and were discharged the next afternoon. Implantica’s RefluxStop provides an innovative way to restore the body’s natural function and address acid reflux disease.
“The RefluxStop procedure restores the natural position of the anti-reflux barrier. It resolves reflux in patients without the common side effects of current surgical procedures, such as dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), gas-bloating, inability to belch or vomit etc. I thank my hospital for their innovative culture, for supporting my training in Bern, Switzerland, with Prof. Zehetner, and for offering this solution to my patients,” said Dr. Renzi.
“I was the first but I will not be the only one, since I know many other leading Reflux surgeons in Italy are considering offering RefluxStop to their patients given the massive urgent medical need to treat acid reflux in Italy, with 11 percent of population impacted,” said Dr. Renzi
“Implantica is proud to partner with Ospedale Buon Consiglio Fatebenefratelli in Napoli, one of Italy’s foremost anti-reflux centers. We want to thank Dr. Renzi and his team for leading the way to offer the RefluxStop innovative technology as a solution to millions of Italian patients suffering from acid reflux. We are excited and look forward to continuing our collaboration,” said Dr. Forsell.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more