Hikma Expands Impact in Canada with Launches of New Sterile Injectable Medicines
Hikma Pharmaceuticals, the multinational pharmaceutical company, announces the launch of four new sterile injectable medicines in Canada, providing important new treatment options for patients and healthcare providers, and building on the company’s growing presence in the Canadian market.
All of the medicines, which will be launched soon, represent the first or second generic versions of their molecules on the Canadian market and treat conditions across a variety of therapeutic areas – a meaningful expansion in access to medicines for Canadian patients. With these launches, Hikma now markets approximately 30 different sterile injectable medicines in Canada, with plans to launch up to 13 additional sterile injectable products in Canada this year. The company is now a top 10 player in the Canadian generic sterile injectables market and has a leading presence in North America. In the US, Hikma is a top three supplier by volume of generic injectables to US hospitals.
“Since expanding into Canada last year through the acquisition of Teligent’s Canadian injectable assets, we have been working hard to strengthen relationships with customers and Health Canada, while setting the stage to introduce Hikma’s leading sterile injectables portfolio into the country,” said Mike Armstrong, Canada Country Director, Hikma. “The launch of these new sterile injectable medicines is a significant step forward in growing our business in Canada and provides important new treatment options for patients and health care providers.”
“The expansion of our sterile injectable business in Canada continues the strong momentum of our Injectables business globally and builds on our position as a leading supplier of injectable medicines to US hospitals with a reputation for quality and reliability,” said Riad Mishlawi, President, Injectables, Hikma. “We look forward to offering Canadian hospitals critical injectable drugs for their patients’ needs and furthering our impact as a growing player in this important market.”
Companies In This Post
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more