Fujitsu launches Cloud-based Platform for Healthcare in Japan
Fujitsu today announced the launch of a new cloud-based platform that allows users to securely collect and leverage health-related data to promote digital transformation in the medical field in Japan. The new offering represents part of Fujitsu’s ongoing efforts to contribute to the creation of a healthy society as part of its vision for “Healthy Living” under Fujitsu Uvance to create a sustainable world. Fujitsu will offer the new platform to medical institutions and pharmaceutical companies in Japan starting March 28, 2023.
The new platform enables the automatic conversion of medical data from medical institutions’ electronic medical records to conform with the next-generation standards framework HL7 FHIR and secure aggregation of health-related data. Based on their consent, patients can securely store personal health information such as vital data, step counts, and calorie consumption – converted into non-personally identifiable information on the platform – this in turn supports medical institutions and pharmaceutical companies in performing data analysis and R&D activities to accelerate the development of individualized healthcare and the discovery of new drugs.
Fujitsu will use the platform as a launching point for further planning to develop a data portability service that enables patients to view their medical data on their smartphones, as well as a service for medical institutions to conduct highly accurate analysis of shared medical data on the platform.
Moving forward, Fujitsu aims to leverage this platform to realize an AI and IoT based preventive healthcare system, and cooperate with various medical institutions and companies to realize a digital health ecosystem that creates new value for society.
Companies In This Post
- SciTech Development Raises $2.73 Million in Oversubscribed Funding Round to Advance Clinical Trials for Cancer Treatment Read more
- Amarna Therapeutics Announces Appointment of Dr. Henk Streefkerk as New CEO Read more
- Aegis Life Awarded Grant to Develop DNA-encoded Antibodies Against Infectious Diseases Read more
- New “AI Doctor” Predicts Hospital Readmission and Other Health Outcomes Read more
- Axol Bioscience Collaborates with StrataStem to Deliver Stem Cell-Based ‘Clinical Trial in a Dish’ for Alzheimer’s Disease Read more