Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Clarivate Extend Material Transfer Agreement for Three Additional Years
Clarivate, a global leader in connecting people and organizations to intelligence they can trust to transform their world, today announced the extension of the Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) with the FDA for an additional three years. The extension will ensure continued agency-wide access to OFF-X™ by Clarivate, which provides integrated preclinical toxicity, clinical and post-marketing adverse event data, visualizations and analytics.
The success of clinical research can be jeopardized by unexpected safety issues. It is critical to identify potential safety liabilities as early as possible in the drug research and development (R&D) process. A translational approach to drug safety data can reduce patient burden and support increased success by harmonizing preclinical and clinical data.
As the collaboration enters its sixth year, the FDA will continue using OFF-X as a solution to identify potential adverse events associated with molecular targets and new and marketed drugs and its utility in the regulatory review process. The agreement enables the continued support of the FDA’s mission of protecting public health by evaluating approaches to enhance safety assessments of human pharmaceuticals and their associated molecular targets.
Gavin Coney, Vice President, Partnerships at Clarivate, said: “Clarivate draws on in-depth data, insights and expertise to enable life science partners to anticipate and overcome barriers to delivering innovative treatments to patients. The agreement between the FDA and Clarivate will enable increased preparedness as researchers and drug safety professionals look to anticipate and monitor potential safety liabilities across all phases of drug R&D and post market.”
OFF-X covers targets and drugs in all stages of R&D from emerging targets and first-in-class therapies to those that have reached the market. OFF-X helps to promptly identify toxicology and safety liabilities, de-risk R&D programs and facilitate the analysis of pharmacovigilance signals. Updated daily with expertly curated safety data from multiple origins, the portal covers a range of over 15,000 targets and more than 32,000 drugs & biologics and is populated with over 2 million expertly curated safety alerts associated to 12,000+ adverse effects and toxicity endpoints.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more