Eton Pharmaceuticals Announces Acquisition of Rare Disease Product Candidate ET-600
Eton Pharmaceuticals, an innovative pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing treatments for rare diseases, today announced the acquisition of rare disease product candidate ET-600 from Tulex Pharmaceuticals. ET-600 is an innovative product candidate under development for the treatment of an endocrinology condition that is estimated to impact less than 5,000 pediatric patients in the United States.
“As a rare disease product that builds on our established presence in pediatric endocrinology, ET-600 is a perfect strategic fit for our portfolio,” said Sean Brynjelsen, CEO of Eton Pharmaceuticals. “We have repeatedly heard from physicians about their need for this product to effectively and safely treat their pediatric patients, so we look forward to working to bring this potential new treatment option to the market.”
Eton expects to submit a New Drug Application (NDA) for the product to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in the second quarter of 2024, which could allow for an approval and launch of the product in early 2025. If approved, ET-600 is expected to be a patent-protected, durable product that can generate significant long-term revenue and profit for the company.
- Bayer Expands Global Clinical Program for NUBEQA® (darolutamide) in Prostate Cancer Read more
- BIOTECanada Welcomes Government of Canada’s Strategy on Improving Access to Care for Patients with Rare Diseases Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Ganaxolone in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Read more
- Aurion Biotech Receives Approval from Japan’s PMDA for New Drug Application Read more
- Morphimmune Appoints Dr. Clay Siegall Chief Executive Officer and President Read more