Endo Announces Agreement with MAIA Pharmaceuticals to Distribute Bivalirudin Injection in Ready-to-Use Vials
Endo International announced today that its subsidiary Endo Ventures has executed an agreement with MAIA Pharmaceuticals to distribute bivalirudin injection in a ready-to-use 250 mg/50 mL single-use vial in the U.S. Endo will commercialize the FDA-approved product through its Par Sterile Products business and expects to begin shipping in summer 2023.
“Hospital providers have told us what they need—ready-to-use medications that allow them to focus on patients rather than preparation,” said Scott Sims, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Injectable Solutions & Generics at Endo. “Through this partnership with MAIA Pharmaceuticals, we are proud to answer that call with the only ready-to-use liquid format of bivalirudin.”
“Like Endo, MAIA is laser-focused on delivering meaningful solutions to support healthcare providers as they deliver quality patient care,” said Brian Cooney, Sr. Director, Corporate Development at MAIA Pharmaceuticals. “We are pleased to partner with Endo to provide ready-to-use bivalirudin, which requires no reconstitution, no dilution and no mixing.”
Ready-to-use, or RTU, products streamline operations for hospitals by eliminating the need to prepare or transfer the product before patient administration. This may reduce waste and costs, optimize convenience and workflow and reduce the chance for preparation error—all of which support quality patient care.
- Aegis Life Awarded Grant to Develop DNA-encoded Antibodies Against Infectious Diseases Read more
- New “AI Doctor” Predicts Hospital Readmission and Other Health Outcomes Read more
- Axol Bioscience Collaborates with StrataStem to Deliver Stem Cell-Based ‘Clinical Trial in a Dish’ for Alzheimer’s Disease Read more
- MedTech Innovator Asia Pacific Names 24 Startups to Annual Accelerator Read more
- XNK Therapeutics Appoints Hugo Petit as Chief Financial Officer Read more