Eluminex Biosciences Closes $40+ Million Series B Financing
Eluminex Biosciences has officially announced the closing of a Series B financing of over $40 million (USD). Financing was led by Cenova Capital with additional participation from Guangzhou Yuexiu Industrial Investment Fund Management, 3E Bioventures Capital, Oriza Holdings, and Series A investors.
Eluminex is a clinical-stage biotechnology company dedicated to the research and development of global innovative therapeutics with a major focus in ophthalmology and recombinant human collagen technology. Its headquarters and research and development center are located in BioBAY of Suzhou Industrial Park, China, with a clinical and registration center located in South San Francisco, California.
Dr. Jinzhong Zhang, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Eluminex, discussing the new financing, said: “We have made substantial pipeline progress since our $50 million Series A closure in November 2020, which was co-led by Lilly Asia Ventures, Hillhouse Capital, and Quan Capital. With the Series B raise, the Company will use the proceeds to further mature our innovative ophthalmic pipeline as well as the recombinant human collagen technology platform to meet the needs of patients in China and globally. We are grateful to the four well-known institutional investors and current shareholders for their recognition and support of Eluminex.”
Eluminex’s pipeline programs include novel multi-targeted antibody molecules for vision-threatening retinal diseases, an oral small molecule for rare inherited pediatric retinal dystrophies, and the clinical development and manufacturing of recombinant human collagen-based products with the potential to be world’s first biosynthetic cornea for the treatment of corneal stromal blinding diseases. The Company is currently building a GMP facility in BioBAY of Suzhou Industrial Park for the manufacturing of the recombinant human collagen biosynthetic cornea and other collagen-based products and is expected to operate in mid-2023.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more