PharmEnable Announces Multi-target Collaboration With Denali Therapeutics in Neurodegenerative Disease
PharmEnable, an AI drug-discovery company mapping unexplored chemical space to deliver innovative medicines, has announced a collaboration with Denali Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing a broad portfolio of product candidates engineered to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) for neurodegenerative diseases.
In this collaboration, PharmEnable will leverage its proprietary AI drug discovery platform with Denali’s expertise in delivery across the BBB and neurodegeneration to identify therapeutically relevant small molecule chemical matter against challenging targets. The strategic collaboration will aim to accelerate drug discovery in neurodegenerative disease, tackling undisclosed targets in a multi-year programme. Denali will be responsible for the further lead optimisation, development, and commercialisation of these molecules.
“We are delighted to partner with Denali Therapeutics, a company with a rigorous scientific approach and a commitment to innovation in neurodegenerative disorders”, said Dr Hannah Sore, CEO and founder of PharmEnable. “Our respective teams’ scientific and technical expertise is highly complementary, making it possible to accelerate drug discovery and bringing significant impact to patients with neurodegenerative disease.”
Under the terms of the agreement, PharmEnable will receive an upfront cash payment and will be eligible to receive development and commercial milestone payments.
“We are excited to collaborate with PharmEnable and leverage their cutting-edge AI methods with the goal of unlocking novel chemical matter in this challenging disease area,” said Dr. Alexander Schuth, Chief Operating and Financial Officer of Denali.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more