Digital Diagnostics and Tamer Healthcare Announce Strategic Partnership in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Digital Diagnostics, maker of IDx-DR, the first-ever FDA-cleared, fully autonomous AI system for the diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy, has announced today a strategic partnership with Tamer Healthcare, an integrated healthcare and wellness firm with more than 100 years of established business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, to further enhance healthcare and innovation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The strategic partnership initially focuses on the distribution of Digital Diagnostics flagship product, IDx-DR, for the detection of diabetic retinopathy (including macular edema) with plans for future artificial intelligence (AI) technology development and expansion. The Saudi Arabian population represents one of the world’s most acute needs for such innovative technology, with over 8 million people at risk of vision loss due to diabetes. Tamer Healthcare and Digital Diagnostics will also work together with the goal of developing additional AI healthcare applications in conjunction with the Saudi Localization Plan.
“This long-term partnership aims to further enhance healthcare and innovation in the Kingdom as part of Saudi Vision 2030,” said Dana Cooney, VP of International Sales at Digital Diagnostics. “Most importantly, this partnership signifies Digital Diagnostics’ commitment to foster investment in the Kingdom by developing innovative healthcare solutions rooted in AI that create access to affordable and high-quality care for the people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
“We look forward to leveraging this partnership to facilitate the advancement of healthcare innovation for the benefit of the nation,” said Dr. Yasser Khattab, CEO of Tamer Healthcare. “Deploying new technology in tandem with a company that has successfully developed and deployed this type of system will help expedite the process in the Kingdom and foster continued local innovation and technology solutions.”
- OliX Pharmaceuticals Receives Regulatory Approval to Commence Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia Read more
- Bayer Expands Global Clinical Program for NUBEQA® (darolutamide) in Prostate Cancer Read more
- BIOTECanada Welcomes Government of Canada’s Strategy on Improving Access to Care for Patients with Rare Diseases Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Ganaxolone in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Read more
- Aurion Biotech Receives Approval from Japan’s PMDA for New Drug Application Read more