Confo Therapeutics Enters into Collaboration Agreement with Daiichi Sankyo to Discover Novel Medicines for CNS Diseases
Confo Therapeutics, a leader in the discovery of medicines targeting G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), today announced that it has entered a collaboration agreement with Daiichi Sankyo for the discovery and development of small molecule agonists against an undisclosed target associated with CNS diseases.
Under the terms of the agreement, Confo will lead the discovery process deploying its GPCR platform to generate lead series of small molecule compounds. Daiichi Sankyo has an exclusive option to acquire a worldwide exclusive license for the resulting compounds and advance them towards clinical development and commercialization, along with Confo having the potential to receive upfront payments, development and commercial milestones totaling EUR 168M and royalties.
“Daiichi Sankyo has historically been at the forefront of leveraging innovative technologies to develop novel medicines. We are excited by this collaboration in which we will be using Confo’s expertise and platform to pursue a previously undruggable GPCR target in an area of high unmet medical need,” said Cedric Ververken, CEO of Confo Therapeutics. “As we expand the scope of our internal drug discovery and development efforts, we look forward to continuing to enter partnerships with leading innovators to create new therapeutic options for patients.”
- Charles River and INADcure Announce Gene Therapy Manufacturing Collaboration Read more
- Experimental Cancer Drug May Slow Inflammation Linked to Heart Disease Read more
- Genmab Showcases Data From Comprehensive Epcoritamab Development Program in Patients Across B-Cell Lymphomas Read more
- Quell Therapeutics Signs Agreement with AstraZeneca to Develop and Commercialize Engineered Treg Cell Therapies for Autoimmune Diseases Read more
- Astellas and Kate Therapeutics Announce Exclusive License Agreement for KT430 Read more