Confo Therapeutics Enters into Collaboration Agreement with Daiichi Sankyo to Discover Novel Medicines for CNS Diseases
Confo Therapeutics, a leader in the discovery of medicines targeting G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), today announced that it has entered a collaboration agreement with Daiichi Sankyo for the discovery and development of small molecule agonists against an undisclosed target associated with CNS diseases.
Under the terms of the agreement, Confo will lead the discovery process deploying its GPCR platform to generate lead series of small molecule compounds. Daiichi Sankyo has an exclusive option to acquire a worldwide exclusive license for the resulting compounds and advance them towards clinical development and commercialization, along with Confo having the potential to receive upfront payments, development and commercial milestones totaling EUR 168M and royalties.
“Daiichi Sankyo has historically been at the forefront of leveraging innovative technologies to develop novel medicines. We are excited by this collaboration in which we will be using Confo’s expertise and platform to pursue a previously undruggable GPCR target in an area of high unmet medical need,” said Cedric Ververken, CEO of Confo Therapeutics. “As we expand the scope of our internal drug discovery and development efforts, we look forward to continuing to enter partnerships with leading innovators to create new therapeutic options for patients.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more