Pfizer Progresses its Oral Receptor into Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Treating Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity
Sosei Group Corporation, the world leader in G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) focused structure-based drug design (SBDD) and development, has been notified by Pfizer that the first subject in a Phase 2 clinical trial has been dosed with Pfizer’s candidate PF-07081532 to treat Type 2 diabetes and obesity. Achievement of this milestone triggers a US$10 million payment to Sosei Heptares.
PF-07081532 is a once-daily, next-generation oral small molecule, GLP-1 receptor agonist, by Pfizer, in development for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes and obesity. PF-07081532 was discovered by Pfizer scientists during a multi-target research collaboration in which Pfizer had access to Sosei Heptares proprietary StaR® (stabilized receptor) technology. PF-07081532 has successfully completed Phase 1 clinical studies conducted by Pfizer. PF-07081532 is one of three clinical candidates nominated by Pfizer during its collaboration with Sosei Heptares, all of which are now progressing in clinical trials. The other two candidates, both currently in Phase 1 trials, are: PF-07054894 (a CCR6 antagonist targeting Inflammatory Bowel Disease), and PF-07258669 (an MC4 receptor antagonist for Anorexia).
Matt Barnes, Head of UK R&D, Sosei Heptares, commented: “GLP-1 is an important and well-validated target for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes and obesity. We believe the exciting progress of PF-07081532 and other nominated candidates speaks to the power of our platform and ability to collaborate successfully with pharma partners – uniting our cutting-edge technology with Pfizer’s drug discovery, early development and clinical expertise to generate and advance drug candidates with significant therapeutic potential. We look forward to continuing the success of this partnership with Pfizer to deliver new medicines for diseases with large unmet need.”
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more