Medable Launches Digital Certification Program to Accelerate Adoption of Decentralized Clinical Trials
Medable Inc., the leading software platform for patient-centered drug development, today announced an industry-first digital certification program that provides life sciences companies with specialized tools, knowledge sharing and skills development to rapidly scale their decentralized and hybrid trial strategies.
As the industry shifts to adopt decentralized methodologies, Medable is empowering organizations to build their skillsets of the future on a leading technology platform. “Over the past year, we have collaborated with our partners to answer the critical question: How do we empower our organizations with the skills required for this new era of research?” said Dr. Michelle Longmire, CEO and co-founder of Medable. “It has become clear that biopharma is embracing decentralized trials, and leading companies want to ensure their teams have skills to execute best-in-class clinical development. Medable and our partners are powering this radical transformation to future-proof and enable next-generation clinical research at scale.”
Medable’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform has been deployed in more than 60 countries via more than 150 decentralized and hybrid clinical trials to date. The new digital certification program shares Medable’s best practices with organizations that want to build skills and drive strong results such as 50 percent reduction in patient enrollment times, 75 percent reduction in the number of sites needed, and enrollment of more than 1,000 patients in a day.
“The clinical research landscape is more complex than ever, slowing the delivery of medical breakthroughs. We need faster change to improve efficiency and get more treatments to more patients,” said Craig Lipset, assistant professor of health informatics at Rutgers University and founder at Clinical Innovation Partners. “Empowering the industry through training and certification based on evidence and real-world insights will enable companies to adapt quickly and meaningfully democratize trial participation for a far broader array of patients.”
Medable’s certification program supports partners to codify emerging skills and learning paths that empower individuals and teams to design, build, deploy and support decentralized and hybrid trials.
“As Medable’s preferred CRO partner, PPD is excited for the arrival of a complete SaaS platform and the associated training and certification program,” said Niklas Morton, senior vice president of PPD® Digital. “Our two companies have collaborated on nearly 70 digital and decentralized trials. Those learnings and best practices will outlive the COVID-19 pandemic, and this SaaS model will allow PPD to deliver all services required to help more customers adopt and operationalize decentralized approaches, ultimately making it easier for patients to participate in the clinical trial process.”
As the decentralized model continues to evolve, Medable’s digital platform has streamlined design, recruitment, retention and data quality for decentralized trials, replacing siloed systems with integrated digital tools, data and interfaces to accelerate trial execution.
“Over the past three years, our experience and insights have been proven with several partners to build decentralized expertise across their organization and transform their clinical trials.” said Jared Klingeisen, vice president of customer success at Medable. “Now this expertise has been packaged into a program that empowers life sciences companies to become self-sufficient and rapidly accelerate decentralized research at scale.”
Medable will be presenting several sessions at the DIA Global Annual Meeting (#DIA2021) — see below — sharing insights about how Medable’s partners are breaking down barriers to scientific development by modernizing clinical research. Click here to engage with Medable at DIA and click here to learn more about Medable’s decentralized trial certifications.
- Decentralized Clinical Trial Readiness for your Organization (June 30, 9:30 a.m. ET)
- Speakers: Dr. Pamela Tenaerts, MBA, Chief Scientific Officer; Rasmus Hogreffe, MSc.Med., MBA, VP of Decentralized Clinical Trial Innovation; Andrew Mackinnon, Digital Trial Operations Lead
- Decentralized Clinical Trials: Accelerate Drug Development through Anytime, Anywhere Participation (July 1, 9:00 a.m. ET)
- Speakers: Hassan Kadhim, Global Head of Clinical Innovation at BMS, Bryan Hill, VP of Digital Health & Innovation at Cognizant, Alison Holland, Head of Decentralized Trials Strategy at Medable; Dr. Pamela Tenaerts, MBA, Chief Scientific Officer at Medable; Jared Klingeisen VP, Customer Success at Medable
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more