Gracell Biotechnologies Doses First Patients in First-in-Human Clinical Trial Evaluating GC012F, its Dual-Targeting FasTCAR-T Therapy, in B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Gracell Biotechnologies Inc. (“Gracell” or the “Company”, NASDAQ: GRCL), a global clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing highly efficacious and affordable cell therapies for the treatment of cancer, today announced that it has dosed multiple patients in a clinical trial evaluating GC012F, the Company’s autologous CAR-T therapeutic candidate dual-targeting B cell maturation antigen (BCMA) and CD19 in B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (B-NHL). NHL is the fifth most common cancer in the U.S.
The Phase 1 investigator-initiated trial (IIT), being conducted in China, is a first-in-human study evaluating FasTCAR-enabled BCMA/CD19 dual-targeting GC012F for the treatment of relapsed or refractory (r/r) B-NHL. GC012F is the first BCMA/CD19 dual-targeting CAR-T in human trials for B-NHL. Most B-NHL cells express CD19, and data also suggest that 39% to 97% clinical samples of NHL cells also express BCMA. By simultaneously targeting BCMA and CD19, GC012F is designed to improve efficacy outcome in r/r B-NHL patients.
GC012F, developed using Gracell’s proprietary FasTCAR platform which enables next-day manufacturing, GC012F is currently also being evaluated in IIT studies in China including relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma. In November 2021, GC012F was granted Orphan Drug Designation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
“Dual-targeting CD19 and BCMA represents an innovative approach for the treatment of B-NHL. This study of GC012F for r/r B-NHL marks an important step in the product candidate’s development to expand to additional indications and we look forward to confirming its potential to treat B-NHL, an indication for which patients are in need of additional treatment options,” said Dr. Martina A. Sersch, Chief Medical Officer of Gracell. “We are confident that this study will further validate GC012F, our FasTCAR platform and our dual-CAR technology.”
Companies In This Post
- Cumulus Neuroscience Completes Patient Enrollment for Pivotal CNS-101 Early-Stage Alzheimer’s Dementia Validation Trial Read more
- Cartography Biosciences Expands Scientific Advisory Board with Leading Antibody and Bi-specific Experts Read more
- Mission Bio Launches Tapestri v3 to Rapidly Accelerate Rare Cell Detection Applications for Translational Research and Precision Therapeutics Read more
- Ostentus Therapeutics and City of Hope to Continue Studies of Novel OST Natural Products for Treatment of Leukemia and Other Cancers Read more
- Cellular Origins launches Constellation, its Configurable Robotic Platform to Enable Scalable Manufacture of Advanced Therapies Read more